Monday, November 30, 2015

So I was trying to write a poem to show you how much I love you. I wanted to tell you how your eyes are like black holes to me. The center of the universe with its brown event horizon calling me forth with knowing beauty eloquently tossed into existence by the random chaos of the cosmos.
But that's not enough. A simple image of me and my thoughts while I'm staring into your eyes is hardly love, though maybe a little romantic.
So I thought this poem needs motion. Excitement.
I could use fear. I could tell you how my nightmares now are of me trying to live without you. I could tell you of the times I want to text you asking you if I fucked up because I'm afraid. In the moment my worst nightmare was reality in my mind. When my senses return I realize you're asleep and won't be able to text and then I realize it's a dream and continue snoozing.
Again the image is hardly romantic.
I could tell how I'm changing the very structure of my life for us. How every plan I make now has you running parallel to me. How you've become my very existence and all I want is you there by my side.
And these things would make great poems. But they don't give power to the feeling. Because it's so much more than that. It's how I sleep on a couch or smaller bed when you aren't around so that I don't miss your arms around me as much. It's how I want to fight the douche exboyfriends. It's how all I can think of is what's best for you.
I started writing this poem to convince you I'm worth it. Though now... I just want you to be happy. I don't know what's wrong or what I've done. But I just want you to be happy. Tell me what I need to do, and I'll do it. Even if that means my worst nightmares come to life. Because you're my dream and while I would rather have it with you, I just want you to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment