Sunday, December 15, 2013

I wasted days like you waste money. They came and went in dazzling blurs that will never be remembered. In trying to feel alive I came within inches of death and looked it in the eyes.
Then I met you. Beautiful, smart, broken you. And I destroyed you. I never meant to but it’s like giving a child a crystal sculpture. He might understand it’s beauty and craftsmanship but he will never be safe with it. He will store it with the baseball glove and football pads.
when I held the broken pieces my mind raced wirred trying desperately to find away to make t not so. The sharp edges of the broken glass that was her sliced my hands and feet. I couldn’t escape lets I inflict further pain. As I grew I realized that the only way out is to put a strip of leather between my sole and the ground and use a similar application with my soul and the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment